Mindful Mile & Fight Hunger 5k
In addition to health and wellness initiatives, Sodexo has a strong focus on supporting the fight against hunger in local communities. That's why the SUNY Oneonta Sodexo team has partnered with the Riverside Back Pack Program. The Riverside Action Hero Backpack Program provides food for 107 Riverside children on the weekends. Nearly 50% of the Riverside families receive backpacks and the program is completely funded by donations from within the Oneonta community. We've combined two important causes into one impactful, engaging and fun community event. All proceeds from this event will be donated to this worthy cause.
- Online: $20 for the 5k and $10 for the Mile
- Day-Of: $25 for the 5k and $15 for the Mile
- Students: $10 for the 5k (Note: Students use the discount code 'student'. Valid Student ID required.)
- Where: SUNY Oneonta, Alumni Field House
- When: September 29, 2019
- Registration: Begins at 8am and ends at 8:45 am
- 5K Walk/Run: Starts at 9 am
- Mindful Mile: Starts at 9:15 am
- The 5K course is a complex of two loops run throughout the campus.
YES WE CAN!
The campus community is coming together to collect nonperishable food items in honor of President Morris’ inauguration on Oct 5. 60% will be given to Oneonta-area food pantries and 40% to the campus food pantry. Items will be collected at the race. Designated spots will be available for drop off. Thank you for helping to knock-out hunger in our community!